January 19th, 2016
For foreign master students (grade 2015) who expect to graduate in June 2017, their thesis proposal should be submitted in June 2016. Specific arrangements are as follows:
I. Students concerned: the foreign master students of grade 2015 who expect to graduate in June 2017. For the relevant requirements, please consult “Provisions for graduate degree granting of UESTC”.
II. Evaluation method
1. The evaluation will be held in form of report meeting, where students should present proposals with PPT in 10-15 mins. The supervisors are responsible for organizing the experts to evaluate.
2. The evaluation group will be made up of at least three experts in the discipline or similar disciplines with titles of associate professor or above; the supervisor could attend the report meeting as observer.
3. The deadline for evaluation: June 10th 2016.
4. For those who would not be able to attend the proposal this spring, please submit “Application for proposal delay” (see attachment) to graduate management office by May 27th 2016.
III. Evaluation process
1. Online registration: please log in web site: gms.uestc.edu.cn to apply for the proposal.
2. Consent of supervisor: the supervisors are required to organize the proposal report meeting and then log in gms.uestc.edu.cn to grant the consent.
3. Consent of the school: after the proposal report meeting, the students should submit the "Master thesis proposal report"(in written form, with opinions and signatures of supervisor and three experts of the evaluation group) to graduate management office (Room 407, School of Information and software engineering, Shahe campus).
4. Notes: the uniform approval time of the school is June 17th, 2016, which is officially recognized as the approval time for the proposals of the first half year. GMS system (graduate management system) will automatically calculate the time, and this time will be considered as the basis for application of the thesis defense, which is usually scheduled one year after the proposal. As a result, please do complete the three previous steps by June 17th, 2016.
IV. Evaluation requirements
1. All supervisors of foreign master students (grade 2015) shall participate in the proposal evaluation.
1. The evaluation group is responsible for arranging the meeting and informing the students of time, place and related matters.
2. Within three days, the evaluation group shall submit “Thesis proposal report” (printed according to the requirements, with signatures of three experts of the evaluation group), literature review (more than 4000 words, with supervisor’s signature on home page) and “Evaluation list of proposal report 2015”(in written form, with signature of the chief of evaluation group) to graduate management office; and send the evaluation list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attachment: Master proposal attachment spring 2016
Graduate management office
School of Information and software engineering