Jan. 20th, 2016
For Int’l Master Degree students (Grade 2013, Grade 2014) who expect to graduate in June 2016, the Defense arrangements are as follows:
I. The basic requirements for Master Degree thesis defense /research report qualification:
1. Complete the course work of no less than a total of 24 credits (out of which at least 15 credits are to be acquired from degree courses,
2. Complete the thesis (or a research report) independently,
3. The degree thesis or research report should be of theoretical or practical values to some extent, which indicates the author has a grasp of the fundamental theories and specialized knowledge in his/her discipline and is capable of further scientific researches and empowered with the ability to apply his/her theories and knowledge comprehensively into practical problems.
4. The research report should be of investigations on certain topics, engineering designs or case studies.
5. his/her submission of a qualified proposal on his/her thesis (or research report).
6. The thesis (or research report) can be written in either Chinese or English. The abstracts (about 800 words long) should be written in both languages. For detailed requirements, please refer to Format of Graduation Thesis for Master Degree.
7. As for problems regarding the degree thesis defense, from its application, evaluation and holding to the final award of the degree, all shall refer to UESTC Regulations for Postgraduate Degree Awarding.
II. Timetable for Int’l Students Graduates
STEP 1: Submit Defense Application, March 10th-11th, Room 407 (graduate management office of school). Submit Application for thesis defense form，and get back International Students Registration Form for Master Degree of UESTC (I) and (II) from school.
STEP 2: Submit Defense Materials and Paper Thesis, April 14th-15th, Room 407. Submit:
a) Two copies of informal stapled thesis or research report, but must comply with the format specification and also required supervisor’s signature on the cover.
b) International Students Registration Form for Master Degree of UESTC (I) and (II)
c) Degree Information (template see Annex 5)
STEP 3: Thesis Review, April 20th-May 6th
STEP 4: Submit paper thesis, May 13th, Room 407, submit 5 copies of thesis or research report, which are already modified according to experts’ advices. (No need to formal stapled but must comply with the format specification)
STEP 5: Thesis Defense, May.
a) The specific time will be determined three days in advance, and students should pay attention to messages on school website and QQ group.
b) Students use PPT to introduce main content of thesis or research report for no more than 15 to 20 minutes
c) Answer experts' questions about thesis content.
STEP 6: Submit final thesis or research report, end of May, Room 407.
Submit 2 copies of finial thesis or research report (must be stapled formally and also require Applicant and Supervisor’s signatures on the corresponding position.)
III. Guidance for filling form International Students Registration Form for Master Degree of UESTC (I) and (II)
姓名Name：（Same as passport）
所属学院School：School of Information and software engineering
申请时间Master Degree Application Date：2016.4.14
Graduate management office
School of Information and software engineering
Attachments: Degree Defense material .zip
Annex 1: Application for Thesis Defense (Version 2016)
Annex 2: Writing Format of Postgraduate Dissertation (Including Research Report)
Annex 3: Thesis (Report) cover and English title page instructions
Annex 4: Degree Information