September 10, 2015
The proposal arrangements for foreign Ph.D students (grade 2014) are as follows:
I. Students concerned: the foreign Ph.D students of grade 2014. For the relevant requirements, please see “Provisions for graduate degree granting of UESTC”.
The students are asked to present briefly his/her proposal report (in the form of PPT) to the evaluation group (time limit: 10-15 minutes).
The evaluation is tentatively scheduled on December 16th, 2015. Specific arrangements shall be notified.
For those who would not be able to attend, please submit written application for proposal postponed (see attachment) to graduate management office by November 27th 2015.
III. Registration process
1. Online registration: please log in web site: gms.uestc.edu.cn to apply the proposal.
2. Consent of supervisor: the supervisors are required to log in gms.uestc.edu.cn to grant the consent, and to organize the proposal report meeting.
3. Consent of the school: after the proposal report meeting, the students should submit the "Ph.D proposal report"(in written form, with signatures of supervisor and three experts of the evaluation group) to graduate management office (Room 407, School of Information and software engineering, Shahe campus).
4. Notes: the uniform approval time of the school is December 16th, 2015, which is officially recognized as the approval time for the proposals of the second half of year. GMS system will automatically calculate the time, and this time will be considered as the basis for application of the mi-term evaluation, which is scheduled one year after the proposal. As a result, please do complete the three previous steps by December 16th, 2015.
IV. Other notes:
1. "Ph.D proposal report" and literature review shall be printed according to requests and signed by supervisor.
2. For specific training requirements, please read the doctoral training program of your year.
Attachment: Ph.D proposal attachment autumn 2015
Graduate management office
School of Information and software engineering