September 11, 2015
The mid-term evaluation arrangements for foreign Ph.D students (grade 2013) are as follows:
I. Students concerned: the foreign Ph.D students of grade 2013, whose thesis proposal has been submitted over one year.
II. Evaluation method:
1. The evaluation will be in form of report meeting with your team members. The supervisors would be responsible for organizing the experts to evaluate.
2. The three experts should be in the discipline or similar disciplines: the supervisor could do as one, and two others shall be professors or associate professors with a Ph.D degree. The evaluation group would be appointed by the supervisor.
3. The students are required to fill in the “UESTC Ph.D mi-term evaluation” form (see attachment), and then the evaluation group shall fill out the comments, with precise suggestions for those who couldn’t complete the work as planned.
III. Evaluation process:
1. Online registration: please log in web site: gms.uestc.edu.cn, and apply the mi-term evaluation.
2. Consent of supervisor: the supervisors are required to log in gms.uestc.edu.cn to grant the consent, and to organize the evaluation.
3. Consent of the school: after the report meeting, the students should submit the “UESTC Ph.D mi-term evaluation” (in written form, with signatures of supervisor and three experts of the evaluation group) to graduate management office (Room 407, School of Information and software engineering, Shahe campus).
4. Notes: the uniform approval time of the school is December 16th, 2015, which is officially recognized as the approval time for the mi-term evaluation of the second half of year. GMS system will automatically calculate the time, and this time will be considered as the basis for application of the thesis defense, which is scheduled one year after the mi-term evaluation. As a result, please do complete the three previous steps by December 16th, 2015.
1. "UESTC Ph.D mi-term evaluation" shall be printed according to requests.
2. With failure of mi-term evaluation, the students should redo the evaluation process in six months with guide of supervisor; The Ph.D study would be ended if two failures appear.
V. Reminder of age limit of Ph.D students
1. In accordance with the “Provisions for graduate degree granting of UESTC”, mi-term evaluation shall be applied only one year after thesis proposal.
2. According to the “Management rules of graduate student of UESTC”, the doctoral study period shall not exceed six years.
3. The Ph.D students are required to respect the schedule of training program, and complete the phases accordingly.
Attachment: UESTC Ph.D mi-term evaluation
Graduate management office
School of Information and software engineering