September 15, 2015
The proposal arrangements for foreign master students (grade 2014) are as follows:
I. Students concerned: the foreign master students of grade 2014. For the relevant requirements, please see “Provisions for graduate degree granting of UESTC”.
II. Evaluation method
By scientific research team.
III. Evaluation process
1. Online registration: please log in web site: gms.uestc.edu.cn to apply the proposal.
2. Consent of supervisor: the supervisors are required to log in gms.uestc.edu.cn to grant the consent, and to organize the proposal report meeting.
3. Consent of the school: after the proposal report meeting, the students should submit the "Master thesis proposal report"(in written form, with opinions and signatures of supervisor and three experts of the evaluation group) to graduate management office (Room 407, School of Information and software engineering, Shahe campus).
4. Notes: the uniform approval time of the school is December 16th, 2015, which is officially recognized as the approval time for the proposals of the second half of year. GMS system (graduate management system) will automatically calculate the time, and this time will be considered as the basis for application of the thesis defense, which is scheduled one year after the proposal. As a result, please do complete the three previous steps by December 16th, 2015.
IV. Evaluation schedule
The evaluation is scheduled between October 15th and December 15th 2015. The specific time and place would be decided by your team.
V. Evaluation requirements
1. All supervisors of foreign master students (grade 2014) shall participate in the proposal evaluation.
2. The evaluation group will be made up of at least three experts in the discipline or similar disciplines with titles of associate professor or above; the supervisor could attend the report meeting as observer.
3. The evaluation group should inform the graduate management office one week before the report meeting (by telephone or e-mail etc.), so that the graduate school and our school can arrange the inspection. The report meeting without notifying the graduate management ahead will be regarded as invalid.
4. The evaluation group is responsible for arranging the meeting and informing the students of time, place and related matters.
5. Within three days, the evaluation group shall submit “Thesis proposal report” (printed according to the requirements, and with signatures of three experts of the evaluation group), literature review (more than 4000 words, with supervisor’s signature on home page) and “Evaluation list of proposal report 2015”(in written form, with signature of the chief of evaluation group) to graduate management office; and send the evaluation list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. According to the evaluation lists, the school will report the students’ names to pre-defense student library of GMS. Those students who are Not in this library will not be scheduled to thesis defense, and their degree information reporting system will be automatically locked.
For those who would not be able to attend or success the proposal this autumn, and those who are inclined to modify thesis subject, the final submission of “Thesis proposal report” should not be later than the 30th June 2016; and these students are required to submit “Application for proposal delay” (see attachment) to graduate management office by November, 27th 2015.
Attachment: Master proposal attachment autumn 2015
Graduate management office
School of Information and software engineering