January 14, 2019
For int’l master students (class 2018) who expect to graduate in June 2020, their thesis proposal should be submitted in July 2019. Specific arrangements are as follows:
I. Students concerned: int’l master students of class 2018 who expect to graduate in June 2020. For the relevant requirements, please consult “Provisions for graduate degree granting of UESTC”.
II. Evaluation method
1. The evaluation will be held in form of report meeting, where students should present proposals with PPT in 10-15 mins. The supervisors are responsible for organizing the experts to evaluate.
2. The evaluation group will be made up of at least three experts in the discipline or similar disciplines with titles of associate professor or above; the supervisor could attend the report meeting as observer.
3. The deadline for proposal submission(hardcopy of Proposal Form-see annex): July 12 2019. This date will be considered as the basis for your mi-term evaluation(6 months after the proposal) and defense application(one year after the proposal).
Your submission of mi-term evaluation in December 2019 will be rejected if the proposal is submitted later than July 12 2019, which will ultimately affect the defense application in June 2020.
III. Evaluation process
1. Online registration: Students log in web site: gms.uestc.edu.cn to apply for the proposal. (Please see specific steps in attachment.)
2. Consent of supervisor: the supervisors are required to organize the proposal report meeting and then log in gms.uestc.edu.cn to grant the consent. (Students should ask the supervisor to consent after applying in GMS.)
3. Consent of the school: after the proposal report meeting, the students should submit the hardcopy of "Proposal Form"(with opinions and signatures of supervisor and three experts of the evaluation group) to School Graduate management office (Room 222, Main building, Shahe campus) by July 12, 2019.
IV. Evaluation requirements
1. All supervisors of int’l master students (class 2018) shall participate in the proposal evaluation.
2. The evaluation group is responsible for arranging the meeting and informing the students of time, place and related matters.
Attention: the thesis title in GMS system should be exactly the same as the one in your final thesis; otherwise you will have to go through the Title change procedure when applying for defense.
Graduate management office
School of Information and software engineering