January 9, 2018
The proposal arrangements for int’l Ph.D candidates (class 2017) are as follows:
I. Students concerned: int’l Ph.D candidates of class 2017. For the relevant requirements, please consult “Provisions for graduate degree granting of UESTC”.
The students should present briefly his/her proposal report (in the form of PPT) to the evaluation group (time limit: 10-15 minutes).
The evaluation should be held before July 12, 2018. Specific arrangements shall be notified.
III. Registration process
1. Online registration: please log in web site: gms.uestc.edu.cn to apply for the proposal. Guide file will be posted in QQ group, no need to upload the softcopy of your proposal report but just the thesis title.
2. Consent of supervisor: the supervisors are required to log in gms.uestc.edu.cn to grant the consent, and to organize the proposal report meeting.
3. Consent of the school: after the proposal report meeting, the students should submit the hardcopy of "Ph.D proposal report"(in written form, with signatures of supervisor and three experts of the evaluation group) to Graduate Management office (Room 222, Main building, Shahe campus) by July 12 2018.
4. Notes: the uniform approval time of the school is July 12, 2018, which is officially recognized as the approval time for the proposals of the second half of year. GMS system will automatically calculate the time, and this time will be considered as the basis for application of the mi-term evaluation, which is scheduled one year after the proposal. As a result, please do complete the three previous steps by July 12, 2018.
IV. Other notes:
1. "Ph.D proposal report" and literature review shall be printed according to requests and signed by supervisor.
2. For specific cultivation requirements, please read the doctoral cultivation program of your year.
Attachment: Ph.D proposal attachment
Graduate Management office
School of Information and Software Engineering